Life exists in layers of depth, from the superficial to the fathomless. Whatever we consider; whether the universe, our identity, or the aptitudes of love; we will see as far as our awareness has discovered. The light of awakened consciousness illuminates these layers, penetrating as deeply as its cosmic candle power, its shining level of attainment; as deeply as its consciousness can reach. Like the beam of a pen light, flood light, or galactic sun we each vary in our capacity for irradiating ingress. The greater our awareness, the deeper we will see.
Love occurs in layers too, whether romantic, blood, or astral; and it is through our true nature that it is encountered and actualized. Our true nature exists in spirit, beyond the egoic mind and sense perceptions, and is the essence of just who we really are. We are conscious infinite light. We are vibrational beings in a cosmic dance. We are the resplendent radiance of vast exploding stars. We are truth. Within this truth, this cosmic dance, this conscious infinite light; we sparkle love and form creation with our sight. Our egoic interpretations and sensory perceptions of the external world occur to point us toward the parallels within. Once inside, they serve to remind us of the inner spirit song; but they are not, themselves, the song. In other words, our deep appreciation for nature is an external reflection of our great love for the universe. Those spellbinding sentiments of endearment, protection, and eroticism experienced toward our soul mate represent our passion for creation, truth, and light. If we realize the inner purpose of our outer experiences; as in this soul mate example; then its continuation can serve as a sweet reminder of its inner parallel. In this way, the manifestation of our human life is in alignment with the true nature of our spirit. If we allow our egoic mind and sensory perceptions, with their issues, insecurities, fears, orgasmic ecstasies, and instinctual urges; to distract us from the inner purpose of connecting with our soul mate; if we attach to the external prompt rather than finding its internal object; then this same experience (soul mate relationship) can become the greatest deterrent to our self realization. We must therefore become aware of our true nature, accept it, and then ascend into the cosmos through the love reflected deep within her eyes.
1. Self Awareness: The more aware we become of our true nature, the more we can think, speak, and act on its behalf. The degree to which we lack such awareness is the degree to which we remain under the influence of our ego and sense perceptions. When in the service of our egoic stagecraft and electrifying senses, with their perceptual distortions and addictive urges, we are unable to recognize or represent our true nature.
2. Self Acceptance: As we discover our true nature, which usually occurs gradually; our challenge is to accept it without resistance, judgement, or attachment. We often believe that we know who we are and have accepted ourselves. This is usually the work of the ego, which wants us to believe that we have mastered this attainment; and the senses, which do not want to give up their purposeless indulgence. Here are a few things that point to a lack of self acceptance: Being critical of yourself or others; judging yourself or others; attaching to people, places, or things; worrying about what other people think; excessively worrying about how you look; needing to be right; an unwillingness to admit mistakes; trying to prove yourself; fear of failure, loss, or rejection; distorted perceptions related to being liked by others, fairness, and being in control; excessive preoccupation with alcohol, drugs, preferred foods, or superficial sex; excessive preoccupation with body weight, skin quality, or relative beauty; and the like.
3. Self Control: Controlling our thoughts and sensory perceptions is a requirement of self acceptance. As we become increasingly aware of the difference between our ego and true nature, it is up to us to truthfully manage our thoughts, words, and actions. For example, when we realize that we are about to tell a lie to avoid being wrong, impress someone, or gain attention; it is up to us to fight the urge, tell the truth, and accept the consequences (whatever they may be). If we know that eating too many carbs will further deplete our adrenals, then it is up to us to put the pasta down, choose not to have the third and fourth pieces of pizza, or make cashew cheese instead of artisan bread. What other examples do you have? They might involve fears, impulses, irrational beliefs, emotional instability, cravings, sex, food, alcohol, drugs, shopping, gambling, clothing, and the like.
4. Meditation: One of the most effective methods for moving beyond the distractions of our thoughts and senses into the true nature of our spirit is the practice of meditation. Any form could help, but it must be practiced daily. You might want to consider a simple breathing meditation, which could also help with anxiety or depression.
5. Happiness: Since positive thoughts and emotions vibrate at higher frequencies than negative ones do, happiness will elevate our consciousness. This higher consciousness brings us access to a broader range of thoughts, possibilities, and courses of action. It also informs our brain that we are safe, freeing us up to pursue higher level things. Enlightened living, and loving, requires our outer life to be in alignment with our inner true nature; which occurs when we are happy. This does not mean that we will never experience negative emotions in response to life situations, but it means that we will keep things in perspective, find the meaning in our experience, and then return to our inspired, happy place. When we have attained these things we are ready for real love.
Photo Credit: Scrat
Shingly Lee says
Beautifully written! I wrote a similar article on newly started blog – would love to hear your thoughts!
Kai Swigart, Ph.D. says
Mahalo (thank you) for your gracious words! Light, love, and truth can certainly shine through our reflections, utterances, and fingertips! Could you please email me a link to the article you would like me to read? Mahalo! Happy Holidays! 🙂